Thursday, July 17, 2008

Warped Tour 2008

Wednesday, July 16. Merriweather Post Pavilion. Columbia, MD.


For the $35 gate fee, I got a free PETA cd, two free cheap sunglasses, a poster that was lying on the ground, and oh yeah!, an entire day of drinkin' and rockin', mostly at the same time. Also Cmo got Tatania DeMaria, the singer/songwriter for the London band TAT, to sign his chest.

The bands we saw were in order were Angels and Airwaves, Reel Big Fish, 3oh!3, Protest The Hero, TAT, Devil Wears Prada, Cobra Starship, and Gym Class Heroes.

I remember hearing "The Adventure" from Angels and Airwaves. Reel Big Fish was great, and I remember trying to take sips of my Bud Light while jumping and being pushed around to "Sell Out", "Where Have You Been", and some others. I was really hoping for "Beer". Cobra Starship played "Snakes On a Plane" which was tight. Since I already saw Reel Big Fish at college, Gym Class Heroes was by far my favorite of the day.

They played "Cupid's Chokehold", "Viva La White Girl", part of "Taxi Driver", then a hardcore cover that was better than all the other hardcore bands I saw. Travis McCoy even brought out a Guitar Hero guitar to jam, that shit was hilarious. They played two new singles ("Cookie Jar" and "Peace Sign/Index Down") from their album The Quilt coming out in September.

The only downside was that by the time we got there by 3:45, we had missed Every Time I Die, As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean, and The Bronx which are all bands we really wanted to check out yesterday.


No comments: